AN EXCITING NATIONAL PAGEANT FOR GIRL'S
WITH SPECIAL NEEDS & CHALLENGES
HELD IN MINNEAPOLIS, MN.
For a girl with special needs or challenges,
hearing that she is being crowned 'Princess of Hope',
is truly a moment that she will never ...FORGET!
Our young ladies will participate in the inspiring workshops and other events throughout the year that will help build
self-esteem and confidence which empowers them to dream big and remind them that anything is possible. We encourage our young ladies to not let their disability hinder their goals in life. They will continue their journey with us at the 'Pageant of Hope', where they will learn the true meaning of a Princess and take away the core tools for being successful in life. Princess' who attend both workshops will be considered for the 'Hope Awards', which will be presented at the Pageant of Hope. Candidates will be judged randomly at the workshops based on personal growth.
The Awards Presented are as follows:
1) 'Courage Award' - This candidate makes a commitment to herself to move past her disability to accomplish a goal,
she felt was truly not possible.
2) 'Mentor Award' - The candidate receiving this award see's, 'others' in her mirror. She sets herself aside to go
above and beyond to ensure that others are touching their dreams.
3) 'Spirit Award' - You will not see this spirited Princess without a smile! Her laughter is contagious, her smile
radiates true beauty and her peers feel empowered in her presense.
The Princess' will compete in the following catergories:
1) A Private Interview - A panel of compassionate judges will encourgage the participants to talk to them about her
passions and journey in life. Each judges has a goal to learn about the girls and to help
bring out their true personality.
2) Casual Wear - The participants will present a casual wear outfit that tells their story. Whether is be their
favorite outfit or a creative costume, we encourage our participants to wear something that
brings out their personality and makes them smile.
3) Evening Gown Wear - The participants will walk the runway in a full length gown of her choice. The judging panel
will be looking at a participant who carriers themselves with confidence, poise and grace.
4) On Stage Question - Each participant will be given a short question prior to the Pageant at the final workshop. The questions will be the same for each age catergory, however, each age catergory has a different question.
(ex: age 6-8 "If you could be one Disney Character who would you be and why?")
(ex: age 18-25 "What would you like to accomplish in the next 5 years and why?")
As a participant, you will leave being crowned "Princess of Hope" receiving their own jeweled crown, a custom sash
and a gift bag filled with special surprises. However, most of all- she will leave as a 'True Princess'.
We will also be presenting the following:
1) Photogenic Award - The photo sent in with your application will be judges at the Pageant by the Judging panel The Photogenic Award will be presented at the Pageant of Hope ceremony.
2) Best Casual Wear Award - The Judging panel will be looking at who matched their casual wear outfit best.
3) Best Formal Wear - The Judging panel is looking for the participant who carries herself in her gown radiating the
true beauty within her.
4) Hope Scholarship Awards - A Hope Scholarship Award will be presented at random to a deserving Princess who least expects it and has worked hard at attaining her personal goals.
We will host two complimentary workshops for you, prior to the Pageant to inspire you to reach your goals, to instill the core tools in life and to prepare you for this special day. Our HOPE is to give you the confidence to challenge your abilities, the ambition to dream big and the courage to hold your head high that day and everyday for the rest of your life. You will become more than a special needs child...you WILL FEEL SPECIAL EVERYDAY!
Are you getting excited?
Hanna Lynn Maslowski
The Inspiration for the
The Pageant of Hope
Lisa & Lynn- Co Founders
3351 120th Circle NE Blaine, MN 55449
Shantell- Volunteer Director
Hanna with our 2014 Pageant Escorts
Learn all about our 2014 Princess' of Hope!! Click the link below.
The Pageant of Hope
Meet our Emcee!
Karla is the President of Wishes & More. An organization that grants wishes to kids with terminal and life-threatening conditions, provides a Scholarship of Hope to the wish recipients, and provides memorial funds to the family of children who pass away without receiving a wish.
Karla I most proud of her family. Karla and her husband are the proud parents of three children and two grandchildren.
What Karla would like to accomplish in the future, is to remain active and involved for a very long time with people who do worthwhile and compassionate things for others.
Karla with our 2013 Escorts
Karla with a few of our Princesses on stage at the Pageant of Hope 2014